Skip to main content

IPhone Passbook App - iOS 6

If you’ve been using iOS 6 beta, they you’re probably pretty familiar with the default Passbook screen that prompts you to open the App Store. Prior to iOS 6′s release just a few hours ago, the App Store page wouldn’t load, or at the very most remained blank. 

Screenshots from IPhone...



Today, all of that changes. If you open the App Store link from the Passbook app, you’ll be presented with a introductory list of apps that currently support the fledgeling venture.



The list of the currently supported apps are as follows:
  • Fandango
  • Live Nation
  • Lufthansa
  • MLB.com At Bat
  • Sephora to Go
  • Ticketmaster
  • Walgreens

Since the possibility of me using most of those services is low, I decided to take the safe route, and download and install the Walgreens app. I mean, c’mon, there’s a Walgreens on every corner, isn’t there?

Upon initially loading the app, I was presented with a pop up outlining the new Passbook integration. It looks like Apple has indeed worked closely with the developers of this inaugural list apps.



After logging in (as it turns out I already have a Walgreens logon for some bizarre reason) I was able to easily create a new Walgreens Balance Rewards account. This would, in turn, allow me to create a rewards card that I could add to Passbook.



Once I selected the option to add to Passbook, I was prompted to select my preferred Walgreens location so that Passbook could display my Balance Rewards card using location services, when near a store. Pretty slick.



After those initial steps were completed, I was presented with a final version of my rewards card, coupled with an option to add it to Passbook via a blue confirmation button in the upper right-hand corner.



After adding the card to Passbook, I exited the Walgreens app, and opened Passbook. There sat my lone card — the Balance Rewards card from Walgreens — complete with barcode.



Tapping the information button in the lower-right corner of the card flips the card over to showcase additional options. These options include a link to open the installed Walgreens app, and two toggle switches — one for Automatic Updates, and one to Show On Lock Screen when location services sees that you’re near your preferred store.



Now I have a pretty firm grasp as to how Passbook will work going forward. First, you create the Passbook card inside an app, or on a website, and then you add the card to Passbook from that app or website. Undoubtedly, more and more stores with loyalty cards will hop on board. As time goes on, I see this becoming extremely popular, both with consumers and companies.



Is it better than NFC? Well, no. That’s a whole different beast in itself. But I think you can definitely make the argument that it’s more useful than NFC given our current environment, and lack of storewide support with regard to (POS) point of sale devices. Passbook is certainly the more conservative road to travel, and makes it possible for a much higher adoption rate among both consumers and companies.



Stay Tuned...

Comments

  1. wow such step by step screenshot display from iphone about the changes which have took place in passbook app

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice information. iPhone 5 has got Passbook iOS 6 app for making electronic tickets. You can scan the device to check in for getting retail coupons, flight and loyalty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This information is great. I think Passbook In iOS 6 is an impressive app from business perspectives. My own experience is, i just bought a theater ticket of my favorite movie using passbook app. Really this app worth's along with iPhone 5. Although i have Cineplex app but still passbook is best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the information. For Passbook iOS 6 users, First, you create the Passbook card inside an app, or on a website, and then you add the card to Passbook from that app or website. I see this becoming extremely popular, both with consumers and businesses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NOKIA 5800 - Fuzzy Display Problem Resolved

Hi Friends, I'm using the nokia for almost last 2 years. The performance is satisfactory. But recently i faced a fuzzy display problem while unlocking & attending the calls. Tried so many options to resolve this issue by exploring the suggestions in blogs & forums. Hard/Soft Reseting the phone. Updating the latest firmware. Replacing the memory card.  Applied White background & theme. Clock screen saver.. But nothing was worked out :( In GSM forum there is an post recommending a solution!? By replacing the magnetic bar in the hardware. But i'm not interested handover my phone again to Nokia service center. (i believe most of people have great exp with Nokia service & time of delivery. It really sucks!) After some ample time of experiment. I found a way to resolve this issue. I've tested so many times & still there there is no fuzzy screen issue. So, I thought of sharing the trick with you folks. Simple Phone Setting will rid this iss

Enable Personal Hotspot / Internet Tethering in Jailbreak IPhone 4 (Revealed)

Hi Folks, Today i would like to explain how to enable hotspot in your IPhone 4 (OS version can be anything above 4.0) What is Internet tethering/personal hotspot ? Using your iphone you can share your mobile network data plan/3g with your laptop using Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / USB data cable. Eg., Simply connect your mobile in to your laptop and access mobile internet. Don't waste your money to buy separate 3G dongle for laptop. To activate this option you should go to: Settings> General> Network> Personal hotspot "ON" I believe, If you already using jailbreak phone this feature will not be available. This tutorial will help you to get your personal hotspot in jailbroken phone for Free of cost!. I tested in my iphone 4 (ver 4.3.3). It's working perfectly. Here the Simple Steps. (Disclaimer : Installation of this sources at your own risk. We are not responsible for any lose) 1) To get this source open CYDIA first. Under source>Edit>Add>http: